IDENTIFYING YOUR PRODUCT
Before you get started troubleshooting, let's make sure you are reading the correct support page. To identify your True Wireless product, the product name will be printed either inside the charging case on the underside of the lid OR on the back body of the charging case.
USER GUIDE VIDEO
QUICK START GUIDE
INITIAL SET UP & PAIRING HELP:
Quick Start Version: (First time pairing out of the box)
- To pair to your device for the first time, remove the stickers covering the charging points on both earbuds, place them into the charging case, make sure both LEDs show red, and then remove both earbuds from the case.
- A tone will indicate your earbuds have powered on and a voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair” and the earbud LEDs will begin to pulse red/blue. Both buds are now in pairing mode.
- Open up your device’s Bluetooth settings and look for Mod in your list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Select “Mod” and accept the “Pair” or “OK” prompt that appears on your screen. When pairing is complete, a voice prompt will say “connected.”
Multipoint Pairing: Pair to a 2nd new device (after 1st time pairing, while earbuds are powered on and connected)
This feature makes it possible to pair your earbuds with two devices at once. The connection is managed automatically — you won’t need to do anything after pairing the second device.
For example — while watching YouTube videos on your laptop, you can take a call on your phone without the hassle of disconnecting from one device to pair with another.
- To utilize Multipoint Pairing and pair to a 2nd device when you’re already powered on and connected to one device, press either earbud one time and then press and hold 1 second. This will again enter both earbuds into Pairing Mode.
- The voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair”, both earbuds will pulse red/blue. You can select “Mod” from the new available Bluetooth device list, and accept the prompt that will appear on your screen.
- Once paired to the 2nd device, you will be able to seamlessly stream from either device as needed.
Now that you’ve paired to multiple devices, each time you power on your earbuds they will automatically sync to the 2 most recently paired devices!
Want to add a new device via Multipoint Pairing? (While already connected and paired to TWO devices)
- Simply enter into Pairing Mode while connected to the current two devices, and pair normally to the new device.
- Once connected to the newly added device, the device that was first paired to your earbuds will be disconnected and you are now paired to two most recently paired devices via Multipoint.
- Important to note that after powering your earbuds off and back on, the two most recently paired devices will always become the default Multipoint duo.
Streaming Audio with Multipoint:
- With your Mod earbuds, you’re able to play audio from either paired device at any time, but they will not play simultaneously.
- For example, if you press play on one device while the other is streaming audio, the streaming device will automatically pause and the new device will begin to stream. No need to pause one before starting the other, the connection is managed automatically.
Streaming Audio + Phone Calls + Prompt Tones and Voice Assistant with Multipoint:
- With your Mod earbuds, if you’re streaming audio from one device and get a phone/ Zoom call on the other, the streaming audio will automatically pause and the call device will take priority.
- Once the call has ended, the audio will then resume on the previously streaming device.
- Similarly, if there is an important notification prompt tone from the device that is not currently streaming, the audio will pause briefly to notify the user, and then streaming will resume normally.
- What happens if I’m currently on an active call and the second device gets an incoming call? The user will always need to end the first active call before the second can be answered.
- You will not be able to have two active calls going at the same time.
- If there are no active calls (and not streaming audio) on either device, the first call incoming or outgoing on either device will take priority.
- With your Mod earbuds, the native Voice Assistant on either device cannot be activated during any sequence of active or outgoing calls, but CAN be activated from either device even if one is streaming audio.
QUICK START DEFAULT USER CONTROLS
Out of the box, Mod’s default media controls are ready to keep you connected and in control of your Bluetooth enabled device. First, we’ll list the default controls when your device is first paired, but please note that you can also link with the Skullcandy App to further customize and add features to your earbud button controls.
We’ve also incorporated a simple feature that allows the user to hear each time they have pressed the button on their earbud, and when pressing more than one time in sequence, you will hear ascending tones to give you better control of your media. They are very subtle and do not disrupt your listening, easy to hear even while playing music, and the button response tone will help you quickly learn your way around the controls on your device.
Auto Power On & Power Off:
- When your earbuds are placed correctly into the charge case, they will always be powered off as long as the case battery is charged. Typically, the LEDs will show solid RED to indicate they are powered off and charging.
- Remove your earbuds from the case and you will hear the power on “ping” tone, this will indicate they have automatically powered on.
- Place both earbuds back into the case to automatically power off and begin charging.
- PRO TIP 1: While the earbuds are still in the case and you open the lid, or when placing the earbuds back into the case to power off, the earbud LEDs will flash BLUE if they are fully charged, or remain solid RED if they are still charging.
- PRO TIP 2: If your earbuds are not automatically powering OFF or charging when placed into the case, please ensure that the case battery isn’t completely drained. If the case battery is dead the earbuds will not register that they have been placed into the case, and your earbuds will not automatically power off and begin to charge. Give the case a charge and you should be good to go.
Manually Power On: Either earbud
- Press and hold both earbuds for 1 second. (1s hold)
Manually Power Off: Either earbud
- Press either or both earbuds twice, and then press and hold for one second. (2x press, then 1s hold)
Play/Pause: Either earbud
- To play or pause your audio, press either earbud once. (1x press)
Answer/Hang Up Call: Either earbud
- To take or end a call, press either bud once. (1x press)
Reject incoming Call: Either earbud
- To reject an incoming call, press either bud for 1 second. (1s hold)
Volume Up: Right earbud
- To turn up the volume, press the right bud twice. (2x press)
Volume Down: Left earbud
- To turn down the volume, press the left bud twice. (2x press)
Track Forward: Right earbud
- To skip to the next track, press and hold the right bud 1s. (1s hold)
Track Back: Left earbud
- To skip the track back, press and hold the left bud 1s. (1s hold)
Features such as Stay-Aware Mode and Activate Assistant can be customized to your button actions in the Skullcandy App.
THE SKULLCANDY APP
To unlock and control all of the incredible features Mod is capable of, scan the QR code found on the front of your packaging, in your Quick Start Guide or User Guide, and effortlessly download the Skullcandy App.
Once you have paired your earbuds to your device, open the Skullcandy App and you can automatically link your earbuds. You now have the ability to customize your button functions, adjust your EQ or create your own custom EQ modes, activate Stay-Aware Mode, check individual earbud battery levels, learn about features and access user guides.
CUSTOMIZE BUTTON FUNCTIONS
You can personalize your earbuds by customizing your controls in the Skullcandy App.
Some default actions and other un-assigned button actions can be re-configured through the Skullcandy app.
Customize Button Functions for both the LEFT and RIGHT earbuds:
Here are the customizable button actions that you can configure to your preferred control settings.
- Double press (2x)
- Triple press (3x)
- Hold (1s)
Custom button functions during idle or streaming media:
Here are the controls that you can assign to the above button actions.
- Next Track
- Previous Track
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- Activate Phone Voice Assistant
- Stay Aware Mode ON/OFF
Clear Voice Smart Mic
Mod is equipped with Clear Voice Smart Mic. It uses artificial intelligence to isolate the speaker’s voice and reduce background noise.
Clear Voice Smart Mic is especially effective eliminating discontinuous noise — the kind of background chatter you’d find in a crowded coffee shop or airport.
Stay-Aware Mode makes it easier to hear what’s going on around you without having to remove an earbud, so you can enjoy your music in stereo and stay in touch with your surroundings.
Stay-Aware Mode can be activated in the Skullcandy App via an On/Off switch on your screen, or you can set as a Custom Button Action. Once customized, the button command will turn your Stay-Aware Mode on and off as needed.
PRESET EQ + CUSTOM 5 BAND EQ
To help you get the best sound quality from your content, Mod features 3 preset EQ modes + 1 Customizable 5-band Equalizer (Custom EQ Mode):
- Music Mode
- Podcast Mode
- Movie Mode
- Custom EQ Mode
To switch between EQ Modes, head into the Skullcandy App and select your preferred audio setting. A voice prompt will notify you each time your EQ mode changes.
Your default EQ setting is “Music Mode”, which is great for general listening.
Podcast Mode removes most of the bass response and is great for podcasts or audio books.
Movie Mode boosts dialog and detail in your audio, creating an enhanced immersive experience.
You also have the ability to create your own Custom EQ Mode. This is a 5-band equalizer that allows you to adjust the low, mid-low, mid, mid-high, and high sound frequencies to your preferred levels, personalizing your sound experience.
When fully charged, there will be up to 7+ hours of play time in the earbuds and you will get 27+ hours in the charging case, reaching up to 34+ total hours of play time.
- To charge your earbuds, place them in the charging case and the LEDs will turn solid red to indicate they are now charging. You can close the case lid at any time.
- When you open the charging case, the LEDs on both earbuds will indicate if they are fully charged (solid BLUE) or if they are still charging (RED). (Tip: You may need to tilt the case to get a good look at the earbud LEDs due to the discrete location at the base of the earbud)
- Every time you remove your earbuds from the case, you can check your earbud battery life in the Skullcandy App or often directly from your paired device.
- 10 minutes of charging will provide 2+ hours of play time.
- You will hear the “Battery Low” voice prompt with about 45 minutes of play time remains (about 15% charge), and again with about 20 minutes (8%) of playtime left.
- When your battery has about 45 minutes of playtime, the LED on BOTH earbuds will also flash RED for 4 seconds every 10 minutes.
- Important to note, if your earbuds are not automatically powering OFF or charging when placed into the case, please ensure that the case battery isn’t completely drained. If the case battery is dead the earbuds will not register that they have been placed into the case, and your earbuds will not automatically power off and begin to charge. Give the case a charge and you should be good to go.
- You can also check the earbud battery life on the shortcuts screen of your paired device, or in the Skullcandy App (earbud battery life shown individually) when they’re connected to your device.
- The Mod case can be independently charged whether the earbuds are in it or not.
- Plug in the USB-C Rapid Charge cable and connect to a computer, wall charger, power bank or 12-volt adapter in a car. The white LED indicator above the USB-C port will pulse WHITE while charging, and will remain ON when the case has become fully charged.
- A 10-minute charge of the charging case via your USB-C cable will provide 2+ hours of battery play time.
- To check case battery life, open the lid. The single LED located next to the USB-C charging port will flash to indicate the current case battery level.
- Red = 0%-40%
- Yellow = 40%-95%
- Green = 95%-100%
BUDS OR CASE NOT CHARGING PROPERLY?
Issue: Not seeing the LED indicator on the buds when you’ve placed your Mod back in the charging case, or the charge case LED pulsing when your USB-C cable is plugged in?
- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins at the bottom of the case, on the bud, or in the USB-C plug or port.
- Make sure the charging cable is properly inserted into a suitable power source.
- Check to see if the removable in-ear gels have been twisted or are falling off. This could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case. If you’re having a hard time closing the lid completely, it is likely because the earbuds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
- Check the battery level LED on the charging case to ensure the case is holding a charge.
- IMPORTANT – If your earbuds are not automatically powering OFF or charging when placed into the case, please ensure that the case battery isn’t completely drained. If the case battery is completely dead, the earbuds will not recognize they are in the case and will not automatically power off and begin to charge. Give the case a charge and you should be good to go!
ACTIVATE YOUR VOICE ASSISTANT
You can easily engage your device’s native voice assistant with Mod’s Activate Assistant feature.
Simply personalize your custom button action in the Skullcandy App and execute the Activate Assistant button commands to enable your device’s assistant.
Who do you ask for help? Siri? Bixby? Google Assistant? Unlike proprietary earbuds, Skullcandy earbuds work with any assistant.
Sometimes you want to be able to hear your music, but still hear what’s going on around you. When you want to do that, you can use just one earbud.
We call this solo mode. Both the left and right earbud of Mod can be used in solo mode.
To use Solo Mode and you’ve previously paired to your earbuds, simply remove either earbud from the charge case and this solo earbud will function with both phone calls and music, as well as your hands-free voice controls. Important to note, the Stay-Aware Mode feature will not work in Solo Mode.
If you are initially paired to only one earbud, simply follow the same pairing steps above normally and you’re good to go.
To use both earbuds again, simply remove the other bud from the case at any time, you will hear the power on “ping” tone, and your audio begins to seamlessly stream back into Stereo Mode.
FIND YOUR LOST EARBUDS WITH THE TILE™ APP
To make sure you never lose your earbuds, we’ve built Tile technology into Mod.
The Tile Finding Technology is really easy to set up and will allow you to locate either one of your earbuds if you’ve misplaced them.
When searching for missing earbuds, you can also use the Tile App to sound a tone from your buds to help you locate them. You can sound a tone from one earbud or both.
First, you’ll need to download the Tile App for this feature to work. Once you’ve downloaded the Tile App follow the on-screen instructions to connect each earbud individually so they are both trackable.
Mod fits comfortably and securely in your ear. Here’s how to get the best fit.
First, place the bud in your ear at an angle, then rotate minimally to the front or back to secure in place. Your earbud should feel comfortable and stable.
For optimal acoustic performance, you also want to be sure your ear gel creates a nice seal just inside your ear canal.
Mod comes with 3 sizes of ear gels to help you find the best fit. Try each size of the provided ear gels to see which fit works best for you.
No audio in one ear?
Let’s re-sync your earbuds by first placing both of them into the charge case and ensure the LEDs both turn red. Then simply remove both earbuds together, if the stereo audio stream hasn’t been fixed, please follow the two options below.
- On your device, open the Bluetooth settings and turn Bluetooth Off.
- Remove both earbuds from the charge case and ensure they are both powered ON.
- Press the button on both earbuds three times (3x) simultaneously. The LED will go through a series of pulses as they re-sync. Four quick (4x) blue flashes will indicate a successful sync.
- On your device, open the Bluetooth settings again and turn Bluetooth ON. Select your previously paired “Mod”.
- LEDs in both earbuds will blink blue one (1x) time and a voice prompt will indicate a successful connection.
If this step fails, or you are having pairing issues, please proceed to Option Two and reset your earbuds to get them streaming correctly.
PAIRING ISSUES? Reset your earbuds by clearing the device paired list with the following steps.
- Remove Mod from your Bluetooth Paired Device list settings, and then turn the Bluetooth OFF.
- Remove BOTH earbuds from the case, a tone and voice prompt will indicate your earbuds are powered ON.
- Press and hold BOTH the right and left earbud buttons for three (3) seconds.
- Both earbuds will flash red two (2) times and then blue two (2) times. A tone will indicate a successful reset, and a voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair” as your earbuds flash red/blue and enter back into Pairing Mode.
- Open your Bluetooth settings on your device and turn Bluetooth ON. In the list of available devices select Mod and accept the “Pair” or “OK” prompt that appear on your screen. When pairing is complete, a voice prompt will say “connected.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QESTIONS
How many devices can I pair to simultaneously?
- You will only be able to connect TWO devices at one time to your Mod earbuds.
- You can always add a new device, though when you do it will disconnect your first paired device.
Do I need to disconnect or power off the first paired device to connect to a second?
- No, while you’re powered on and connected to your first device, you can simply enter directly into Pairing Mode (1 press, then press and hold 1s on either earbud) and pair normally to the second device. This will create your Multipoint connection to both devices.
What happens when I power off my earbuds while being connected to two devices via Multipoint?
- When powering your earbuds back on, you will automatically pair to the TWO most recently paired devices, and will be able to immediately stream from either.
Can I listen to audio or take calls from both devices at the same time?
- Audio and calls can be streamed from only ONE device at a time, but the connection between both devices will be managed automatically. This will allow for seamless streaming between each device without having to worry about manually switching between connections.
If I get a Zoom call from my computer while I’m streaming audio on my phone, how will I know?
- The audio on your phone will briefly pause and you will hear the Zoom call ringing through your earbuds. If you choose to answer the Zoom call, as soon as you hang up the audio from your phone will begin to stream again.
Will my button controls stay the same for both devices if I’ve customized some of the functions?
- Yes, as long as you remain connected to the Skullcandy App source device you will maintain the same controls between devices.
Clear Voice Smart Mic
Tell me again, what is Clear Voice Smart Mic?
- It is built-in technology that uses artificial intelligence to isolate the speaker’s voice and reduce background noise. It works extremely well in reducing keyboard noise, sounds in traffic, at the airport or your favorite coffee shop.
Do I need to turn this feature on in the App?
- Nope, it is always on! When you’re on calls, zoom, or recording voice memos.
Custom Button Actions & Functions
How easy is it to customize my earbud controls?
- This is done very easily through the Skullcandy App, where you customize both your LEFT and RIGHT earbud independently.
Can I customize all earbud functions?
- No, some button actions such as power on/off, play/pause, answer/hang up call, cannot be modified.
Will my custom button actions/functions be saved even if I power off/restart my device?
- Yes, once your controls are customized in the Skullcandy App they will be saved until you make changes.
If I get a new phone and need to re-download the App, will my controls by saved?
- No, you will need to re-sync to the Skullcandy App and customize your button actions again.
Playtime / Battery life & Charging:
Battery life and play time is very important to me, how long does the Mod last?
- There is up to 7 hours of play time in the ear buds, and up to 27 hours in the case, allowing 34 hours of total play time.
- Earbuds = 7+ Hours
- Case = 27+ hours
- Total = 34+ Hours
What is the total charging time for Mod via USB-C charging cable?
- About 2 hours charging the case to 100% via USB-C cable
- About 45 minutes of your earbuds in the case to reach 100% capacity
Does Mod have some sort of fast charge?
- YES! – Mod has Rapid Charge technology via the provided USB-C cable and internally for the earbuds.
- 10 minutes of the Earbuds charging in case = 2+ Hours Playtime
- 10 minutes of the case charging via USB-C = 2+ Hours Playtime
Can I charge Mod with my Skullcandy Power Accessories/PC/Laptop/?
- Pretty much all USB-A to USB-C charging cables will work to charge your Mod earbuds.
How do you change between EQ settings, and what’s the difference?
- While connected and synced to the Skullcandy App, you can toggle between the EQ Modes only from within the App. A voice prompt will notify you when you select your preferred EQ Mode.
When is the best time to use Stay-Aware Mode, and how do I turn it on and off?
- Stay Aware Mode will allow you to amplify your surroundings so that you’re able to still maintain some situational awareness when wearing your earbuds.
- You may prefer Stay-Aware Mode for exercising or when you’re in a busy environment. Allowing some ambient noise around you can increase safety or will simply enhance the voices around you without having to remove your earbuds.
- To activate Stay-Aware Mode, you will need to pair with the Skullcandy App.
- You can then customize your button functions so that you can use your earbud UI to turn ON/OFF.
What is the Tile™ finding feature and how does it work?
- The built-in Tile finding technology feature will allow you to locate your earbuds if you’ve misplaced them or they have been taken.
- You will need to download the Tile App for this feature to function with your device, and it is very easy to set up!
- When you’ve downloaded the App and are ready sync your buds, follow the simple steps in the Tile App to get started.
- With a single tap on each bud you will have them connected and ready to track both the LEFT or RIGHT bud anytime necessary!
Does the Mod pair with the Skullcandy App?
- Yes! The Mod will pair with the Skullcandy App and is in fact required to unlock all the features such as Stay-Aware Mode, Custoize Button Functions, EQ Modes and more!
What is the Bluetooth range of the Mod?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
- When connected via Multipoint, your BT range is lessened and it is recommended to stay about 10-15ft from your device.
Can I connect Mod to a computer?
- Yes, as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use Mod with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
- PS4: No
Which version of Bluetooth does Mod use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.2
When on a call or listening to my content, will I hear audio in one or both earbuds?
- Mod has stereo (both bud) calling and streaming so you’ll always hear the caller or your content in both ears.
- Although, you do have the option to use only one ear bud (left or right side) if you prefer Solo Mode in some situations.
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my Mod?
- When paired to your device and synced to the Skullcandy App, you can customize the button UI to activate your voice assistant feature at any time, and follow this with any request necessary.
Can I use Mod for sports or working out?
- Absolutely! Mod is sweat, water and dust resistant (IP55) and is great during exercise.
Please be sure to reach out to customer service before filing a claim, we can likely help you quickly trouble shoot and solve your problem***
What happens if my earbuds break?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1 Year Limited Warranty.