The biggest challenge with truly wireless earbuds is maintaining a paired status between both independent buds. There are times when (due to the capacitive touch sensor technology and certain functions) the user will intentionally or unintentionally modify the connected states of the Indy buds, this can create a pairing challenge as both the LEFT and RIGHT Indy buds will now be in different pairing and search modes when powered on. Easy fix!
FIRST TIME PAIRING
RESETTING PAIRING FUNCTION
1- Turn the Bluetooth on your (mobile or computer) device OFF
2- To ensure ease of re-pairing, please unpair or forget your Indy in your paired Bluetooth device list.
3- Power on ONLY your RIGHT Indy bud by simply removing it from the case. It will be in a "NON_CONNECTED" or non-paired state due to Bluetooth being off on your device and the other bud being in the case.
4- Tap the center of the RIGHT bud 4 times (see below diagram). This will automatically power off the ear bud and reset your bud. Place the RIGHT earbud back in the case.
5- Repeat steps 3-4 with ONLY the LEFT Indy bud.
6- Next, pull the Indy buds from the case to have them automatically power on and start the process of paring to one another.
7- You will hear one beep indicating the buds have paired together, and then a voice prompt that will notify you that it is now “Pairing”.
8- At this time, turn your device’s Bluetooth back on and re-pair it to Indy.
If you’re a user that would like to use the Indy with only one ear bud (Mono Mode), you may have some issues when working to repair both buds together (Stereo Mode). You may follow the following simple steps to ensure ease of use when pairing when switching between Mono and Stereo Modes.
Please note - ONLY the Right Indy bud can be used in Mono Mode, this is your Master or Main Function bud.
1- For the optimal Mono functionality, first Power On and pair BOTH Indy buds to your device normally. This will ensure the seamless transition between Stereo and Mono modes.
2- Once both Indy buds are paired together, simply place the LEFT bud back into the case. The RIGHT bud will remain paired and function with both phone calls and music.
3- You will maintain all RIGHT Indy bud functionality, but remember you will now lose the LEFT ear bud UI functionality such as Volume -, and Track << when in Mono Mode.
4- You can now place the RIGHT Indy bud back into the case at any time, and again remove only the RIGHT bud to use again in Mono Mode. Please allow adequate pairing time, and you will hear the voice prompt “Connected” once the RIGHT bud has repaired.
5- If you would like to change back to Stereo Mode, simply remove the LEFT Indy bud from the case at any time while paired in Mono Mode (or if BOTH buds are in the case simply remove together), and you will hear a single Beep to indicate that you have automatically entered back into Stereo Mode. All media functionality has now been restored.
Please Note - If you’ve manually paired ONLY the RIGHT Earbud to your device (before pairing both the LEFT and RIGHT buds together) and wish to change back to Stereo Mode, you will need to follow the Reset instructions explained above and clear BOTH earbuds to enter back into the correct stereo paring mode.
BUDS NOT CHARGING IN CASE/CASE LID NOT CLOSING PROPERLY?
Not seeing the RED led indicator on the bud when you’ve placed your INDY back in the case.
1- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins at the bottom of the case, or on the bud.
2- Check to see if the removable Stability Ear Gel or in-ear gels have been twisted or falling off, this could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case.
3- This same issue could also be interfering with your case lid when closing. If you’re having a hard time closing the lid correctly, this is an indicator that buds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
BATTERY & CHARGE
What is the total charging time for INDY?
- 1 hour for the Earbuds to charge to 100% inside the Case
- Note: This product has Rapid Charge. This means that you can charge your earbuds in the case for 10 minutes to get 1.2 hours play time.
- 2 hours for the Case to charge to 100%
Can I charge INDY with my PC/Laptop?
- Yes, almost all USB outputs will work to charge.
Does INDY have some sort of fast charge?
- Yes, these earbuds have Rapid Charge technology. You will be able to charge your earbuds in the case for 10 minutes to get 1.2 hours play time.
What is the Bluetooth range of the INDY?
- You may be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10 meters) away from your paired device though the connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect INDY to a computer?
- Yes as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use INDY with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- PS4: Yes
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
Which version of Bluetooth does INDY use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.0
Which is the master earbud?
- The right side earbud is your master earbud
When on a call or listening to my content, will I hear audio in one (the right side master) or both earbuds?
- INDY has stereo calling so you’ll hear the caller or your content in both ears
- You do have the option to use only one ear bud (right side) if you prefer a mono solution
- In addition, the INDY has dual microphones with active noise reduction for improved voice clarity during phone calls.
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my INDY?
- Not currently, but we will have an update to incorporate this user feature solution in 2019.
Can I use INDY for sports or working out?
- Yes! INDY ear buds are sweat, water, and dust resistant (IP55).
PLEASE BE SURE TO REACH OUT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE FILING A CLAIM, WE CAN LIKELY HELP YOU QUICKLY TROUBLESHOOT AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM
What happens if my earbuds break or are lost?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 2 Year Limited Warranty.
- If one bud or the charging case is broken or goes missing, please make use of our Fearless Use™ Promise
Where do I register my INDY Truly Wireless Earbuds?
- You can register your INDY product here for faster service in the event of loss or damage to your earbuds or the charging case.