IDENTIFYING YOUR PRODUCT
Before you get started troubleshooting, let's make sure you are reading the correct support page. To identify your True Wireless product, the product name will be printed either inside the charging case on the underside of the lid OR on the back body of the charging case.
INITIAL SET UP & PAIRING HELP:
Quick Start Version: (First time pairing out of the box)
- To pair to your device for the first time, remove the stickers covering the charging points on both earbuds, place them into the charging case, make sure both LEDs show red, and then remove both earbuds from the case.
- A tone will indicate your earbuds have powered on and a voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair” as the earbud LEDs will begin to pulse red/blue, both buds are now in pairing mode.
- Open up your device’s Bluetooth settings and look for Sesh ANC in your list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Select “Sesh ANC” and accept the “Pair” or “OK” prompt that appears on your screen. When pairing is complete, a voice prompt will say “connected.”
Pair to a new device: (after 1st time pairing, while earbuds are powered on)
- To pair to a new device while you are currently Powered On and either disconnected or connected to a device, simply press EITHER earbud button 1x and then press and hold the same button 1 second. This will enter both earbuds into Pairing Mode.
- The voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair”, both earbuds will pulse red/blue, and you can select “Sesh ANC” from the new available Bluetooth device list. Please remember to accept the prompt that will appear on your screen.
QUICK START DEFAULT USER CONTROLS
Out of the box, Sesh ANC’s media controls are ready to keep you connected and in control of your Bluetooth enabled device.
We’ve also incorporated a simple feature that allows the user to hear each time they have pressed the button on their earbud, and when pressing more than one time in sequence, you will hear ascending tones to give you better control of your media. They are very subtle and do not disrupt your listening, easy to hear even while playing music, and the button response tone will help you quickly learn your way around the controls on your device.
Auto Power On & Power Off:
- When your earbuds are placed correctly into the charge case, they will always be powered off as long as the case battery is charged. Typically, the LEDs will show solid RED to indicate they are powered off and charging.
- Remove your earbuds from the case and you will hear the power on “ping” tone, this will indicate they have automatically powered on.
- Place both earbuds back into the case to automatically power off and begin charging.
- PRO TIP 1: While the earbuds are still in the case and you open the lid, or when placing the earbuds back into the case to power off, the earbud LEDs will flash BLUE if they are fully charged, or remain solid RED if they are still charging.
- PRO TIP 2: If your earbuds are not automatically powering OFF or charging when placed into the case, please ensure that the case battery isn’t completely drained. If the case battery is dead the earbuds will not register that they have been placed into the case, and your earbuds will not automatically power off and begin to charge. Give the case a charge and you should be good to go.
Manually Power On: Either earbud
- Press and hold both earbuds for 1 second. (1s hold)
Manually Power Off: Either earbud
- Press either or both earbuds twice, and then press and hold for one second. (2x press, then 1s hold)
Play/Pause: Either earbud
- To play or pause your audio, press either earbud once. (1x press)
Answer/Hang Up Call: Either earbud
- To take or end a call, press either bud once. (1x press)
Reject incoming Call: Either earbud
- To reject an incoming call, press either bud for 1 second. (1s hold)
Volume Up: Right earbud
- To turn up the volume, press the right bud twice. (2x press)
Volume Down: Left earbud
- To turn down the volume, press the left bud twice. (2x press)
Track Forward: Right earbud
- To skip to the next track, press and hold the right bud 1s. (1s hold)
Track Back: Left earbud
- To skip the track back, press and hold the left bud 1s. (1s hold)
ANC & Stay-Aware On/Off: Either earbud (Must be in Stereo Mode w/ both earbuds connected)
- Default will be “Noise Cancelling” on.
- To turn ANC off, press and hold either earbud 3 seconds. (3s hold)
- To turn Stay-Aware Mode on, press and hold either earbud 3 seconds. (3s hold)
- To turn ANC back on, press and hold either earbud 3 seconds. (3s hold)
Activate Voice Assistant: Either earbud
- To activate your device’s native Voice Assistant, press either earbud 3 times. (3x press)
THE SKULLCANDY APP
To unlock and control all of the incredible Sesh ANC features, scan the QR code found on the front of your packaging, in your Quick Start Guide or User Guide, and effortlessly download the Skullcandy App.
Once you have paired your earbuds to your device, open the Skullcandy App and you can automatically link your earbuds.
You can use the app to:
- Toggle your ANC and Stay-Aware Mode ON/OFF
- Adjust your Stay-Aware Mode settings
- Select preset EQ Modes (Music, Podcast, Movie)
- Create and activate a Custom EQ Mode
- Toggle the low-latency Gaming Mode ON/OFF
- Access User Guides and Troubleshooting help
Clear Voice Smart Mic
Sesh ANC is equipped with Clear Voice Smart Mic. It uses artificial intelligence to isolate the speaker’s voice and reduce background noise.
Clear Voice Smart Mic is especially effective eliminating discontinuous noise — the kind of background chatter you’d find in a crowded coffee shop or airport.
ACTIVE NOISE CANCELING AND STAY-AWARE MODE
Sesh ANC features both Active Noise Cancellation and Stay-Aware Mode. ANC will always be turned ON as your default setting when you Power ON and pair your buds together.
When you’re looking for some quiet, Sesh ANC tunes out the surrounding noise to let you hear your music as intended.
Stay-Aware mode is just the opposite. It’s especially useful when you want to hear more of your surroundings and keep both earbuds in. Like solo mode, Stay-Aware mode is great for busy environments or for working out because it increases your awareness of what’s around you. But unlike solo mode, Stay-Aware mode lets you hear your surroundings without having to remove an earbud.
To toggle between your ANC On, ANC Off, and Stay-Aware Mode, press either bud for 3 seconds and release once you hear the corresponding voice prompt.
Since you will always start with “Noise Cancelling ON”, you will press either bud for 3 seconds to turn “Noise Cancelling OFF” (both ANC and Stay-Aware Modes are OFF), and then repeat this button hold to turn ON “Stay-Aware Mode”.
Pro Tip: You must have BOTH earbuds connected to activate ANC and Stay-Aware Mode.
ADJUSTABLE STAY-AWARE MODE
Sesh ANC comes with Adjustable Stay-Aware Mode. It lets you adjust the amount of outside noise you would like to let in.
A slider in the Skullcandy App allows you to set Stay-Aware Mode to your preferred level.
Turn Stay-Aware Mode down to focus on what you’re listening to, or turn it up to amplify the sounds around you.
This is especially nice at the airport, when you want to hear announcements or at the gym, when you want to keep track of what’s going on around you.
LOW-LATENCY GAMING MODE
In the Skullcandy App, you’re able to turn Gaming Mode on/off. Sometimes, while gaming or watching videos, you’ll notice delays (latency) between audio and video. Gaming Mode reduces these delays so your picture and sound stay in perfect sync, creating the ideal lag-free experience.
Pro Tip: Maintain a stable connection, turn Gaming Mode Off when your phone does not have a direct line of sight to your earbuds or headphones – like when you put your earbuds in pocket or pack, for example.
PRESET EQ + CUSTOM 5 BAND EQ
To help you get the best sound quality from your content, Sesh ANC features 3 preset EQ modes + 1 Customizable 5-band Equalizer (Custom EQ Mode):
- Music Mode
- Podcast Mode
- Movie Mode
- Custom EQ Mode
To switch between EQ Modes, head into the Skullcandy App and select your preferred audio setting. A voice prompt will notify you each time your EQ mode changes.
Your default EQ setting is “Music Mode”, which is great for general listening.
Podcast Mode removes most of the bass response and is great for podcasts or audio books.
Movie Mode boosts dialog and detail in your audio, creating an enhanced immersive experience.
You also have the ability to create your own Custom EQ Mode. This is a 5-band equalizer that allows you to adjust the low, mid-low, mid, mid-high, and high sound frequencies to your preferred levels, personalizing your sound experience.
When fully charged with ANC ON, you will have up to 6+ hours of play time in the buds and 26+ hours in the charging case for a total of 32+ hours of play time.
When fully charged with ANC OFF, you will have up to 9+ hours of play time and 37+ hours in the charging case for a total of 46+ total hours of play time.
- To charge your earbuds, place them in the charging case. The earbud LEDs will be solid red while charging.
- When you open the charging case, the LEDs on both earbuds will indicate if they are fully charged (solid BLUE) or if they are still charging (RED).
- 10 minutes of charging will provide 1.5+ hours of play time with ANC on.
- You will hear the “Battery Low” voice prompt with about 45 minutes of play time remains (about 15% charge), and again with about 20 minutes (8%) of playtime left.
- When your battery has about 45 minutes of playtime, the LED on BOTH earbuds will also flash RED for 4 seconds every 10 minutes.
- You can also check the earbud battery life on the shortcuts screen of your paired device, or in the Skullcandy App (earbud battery life shown individually) when they’re connected to your device.
- Plug in the USB-C Rapid Charge cable and connect to a computer, wall charger, power bank or 12-volt adapter in a car.
- The Sesh ANC case can be independently charged with or without the buds in it.
- To check how much battery life is left, open the case and the LEDs on the front of the case will turn on. Each LED that is on equals 25% of battery life. While charging, the LEDs will go from blinking to solid to represent each 25% of charged capacity from 25% up to 100%.
- To charge the Sesh ANC case, plug in the USB-C Rapid Charge cable and connect to a computer, wall charger, power bank or 12-volt adapter in a car.
- The LED fuel gauge on the front of the charge case will pulse WHITE while charging, and will remain ON when the case has become fully charged.
- A 10-minute charge of the charging case via your USB-C cable will provide 2+ hours of battery play time.
- To check how much battery life is left, open the case lid and the case LEDs will turn on. Each LED represents 25% charge capacity, and while charging they will go from pulsing until all four LEDs are solid, which means your case is 100% charged.
SOLO MODE and a FIX:
Sometimes you want to be able to hear your music, but still hear what’s going on around you. When you want to do that, you can use just one earbud.
We call this solo mode. Both the left and right earbud of Sesh ANC can be used in solo mode.
To use solo mode after you’ve connected your device, simply remove either earbud from the case and it will pair and function normally for phone calls and music. (Please note that your Noise Cancellation will not be activated while in Solo Mode.)
To use both earbuds again, simply remove the other bud from the case at any time, you will hear the power on “ping” tone, and once the music begins to seamlessly stream back into Stereo Mode you will also hear the voice prompt “Noise Cancellation ON” to indicate that your ANC is once again activated.
FIND YOUR LOST EARBUDS WITH THE TILE™ APP
To make sure you never lose your earbuds, we’ve built Tile technology into Sesh ANC.
The Tile Finding Technology is really easy to set up and will allow you to locate either one of your earbuds if you’ve misplaced them.
When searching for missing earbuds, you can also use the Tile App to sound a tone from your buds to help you locate them. You can sound a tone from one earbud or both.
First, you’ll need to download the Tile App for this feature to work. Once you’ve downloaded the Tile App follow the on-screen instructions to connect each earbud individually so they are both trackable.
Sesh ANC fits comfortably and securely in your ear. Here’s how to get the best fit.
First, place the bud in your ear at an angle, then rotate minimally to the front or back to secure in place. Your earbud should feel comfortable and stable.
For optimal acoustic performance, you also want to be sure your ear gel creates a nice seal just inside your ear canal.
Sesh ANC comes with 3 sizes of ear gels to help you find the best fit. Try each size of the provided ear gels to see which fit works best for you.
Having trouble? Don’t return to the store, let us help!
No audio in one ear?
Let’s re-sync your earbuds by first placing both of them into the charge case and ensure the LEDs both turn red. Then simply remove both earbuds together, if the stereo audio stream hasn’t been fixed, please follow the two options below.
- On your device, open the Bluetooth settings and turn Bluetooth OFF.
- Remove both earbuds from the charge case and ensure they are both powered ON.
- Press the button on both earbuds three (3x) times simultaneously. The LED will go through a series of pulses as they re-sync. Five quick (5x) blue flashes will indicate a successful sync.
- On your device, open the Bluetooth settings again and turn Bluetooth ON. Select your previously paired “Sesh ANC”.
- LEDs in both earbuds will blink blue three (3x) times and a voice prompt will indicate you are now “connected”.
If this process fails, or you are still having pairing issues, please proceed to Option Two and reset your earbuds to get them streaming correctly.
PAIRING ISSUES? Reset your earbuds by clearing the device paired list with the following steps.
- Remove Sesh ANC from your Bluetooth Paired Device list settings, and then turn the Bluetooth OFF.
- Remove BOTH earbuds from the case, a tone and voice prompt will indicate your earbuds are Powered ON.
- Press and hold BOTH the RIGHT and LEFT earbud button for three (3) seconds.
- A tone will indicate a successful reset, and the RIGHT earbud will flash purple three (3) times, a voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair”, and both earbuds will pulse red/blue.
- Open your Bluetooth settings on your device and turn Bluetooth ON. In the list of available devices select Sesh ANC and accept the “Pair” or “OK” prompt that appear on your screen. When pairing is complete, a voice prompt will say “connected.
BUDS NOT CHARGING IN CASE/CASE LID NOT CLOSING PROPERLY?
Issue: Not seeing the LED indicator on the buds when you’ve placed your Sesh ANC back in the charging case?
- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins at the bottom of the case, or on the bud.
- Check to see if the removable in-ear gels have been twisted or are falling off. This could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case. If you’re having a hard time closing the lid completely, it is likely because the earbuds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
- Check the battery level fuel gauge on the charging case to ensure the case is holding a charge.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QESTIONS
Clear Voice Smart Mic
Tell me again, what is Clear Voice Smart Mic?
- It is built-in technology that uses artificial intelligence to isolate the speaker’s voice and reduce background noise. It works extremely well in reducing keyboard noise, sounds in traffic, at the airport or your favorite coffee shop.
Do I need to turn this feature on in the App?
- Nope, it is always on! When you’re on calls, zoom, or recording voice memos.
Adjustable Stay-Aware Mode
Can I only adjust the Stay-Aware Mode in the Skullcandy App?
- Yes, you’ll need the Skullcandy App to adjust the amount of ambient noise you would like to have piped back into your earbuds, helping to amplify the sounds around you when desired.
- Simply turn ON Stay-Aware Mode in the App and the intensity slider will appear. You can now slide this down to reduce the amount of outside noise you would like to let in. This will come in handy If you’re in a super noisy environment but still want to be able to hear a bit more of what’s going on around you.
Low-Latency Gaming Mode
Can I only activate Gaming Mode in the Skullcandy App?
Yes, you’ll need the Skullcandy App to turn low-latency on/off.
Playtime / Battery life & Charging:
Battery life and play time is very important to me, how long does the Sesh ANC last?
- With ANC ON, there is 6+ hours of play time in the ear buds, and up to 26+ hours in the case, allowing 32+ hours of total play time.
- Ear buds = 6+ Hours
- Case = 26+ hours
- Total = 32+ Hours
- With ANC OFF, there is 9+ hours of play time in the ear buds, and up to 37+ hours in the case, allowing 46+ hours of total play time.
- Ear buds = 9+ Hours
- Case = 37+ hours
- Total = 46+ Hours
What is the total charging time for Sesh ANC via USB-C charging cable?
- About 1 hour charging the case to reach 100% via USB-C cable
- About 45 minutes of your earbuds in the case to reach 100% capacity
Does Sesh ANC have some sort of fast charge?
- YES! – SESH ANC has Rapid Charge technology via the provided USB-C cable and internally for the earbuds.
- 10 minutes of the Earbuds charging in case = 1.5hrs playtime with ANC ON and 2+ Hours with ANC OFF
- 10 minutes of the case charging via USB-C = 2+ hrs. playtime with ANC ON and 4+ Hours playtime with ANC OFF
Can I charge Sesh ANC with my Skullcandy Power Accessories/PC/Laptop?
- Pretty much all USB-A to USB-C charging cables will work to charge your Sesh ANC earbuds.
How do you change between EQ settings, and what’s the difference?
- While connected and synced to the Skullcandy App, you can toggle between the EQ Modes only from within the App. A voice prompt will notify you when you select your preferred EQ Mode.
When is the best time to use Stay-Aware Mode, and how do I turn it on and off?
- Stay-Aware Mode will allow you to amplify your surroundings so that you’re able to still maintain some situational awareness when wearing your earbuds.
- You may prefer Stay-Aware Mode for exercising or when you’re in a busy environment. Allowing some ambient noise around you can increase safety or will simply enhance the voices around you without having to remove your ear buds.
- You can also turn Stay-Aware Mode on and off via your on-board button controls with a 3 second long press. This will toggle you from your default ANC ON, to ANC OFF, to Stay-Aware ON, and back to ANC ON.
- You can also adjust your level of Stay-Aware Mode within the Skullcandy App.
What is the Tile™ finding feature and how does it work?
- The built-in Tile finding technology feature will allow you to locate your earbuds if you’ve misplaced them or they have been taken.
- You will need to download the Tile App for this feature to function with your device, and it is very easy to set up!
- When you’ve downloaded the App and are ready sync your buds, follow the simple steps in the Tile App to get started.
- With a single tap on each bud you will have them connected and ready to track both the LEFT or RIGHT bud anytime necessary!
Does the Sesh ANC pair with Skullcandy App?
- Yes! The Sesh ANC will pair with the Skullcandy App, and will allow you to toggle on/off Noise Cancellation, Stay-Aware Mode (with adjustability), Gaming Mode, select your preferred EQ Modes and more!
What is the Bluetooth range of the Sesh ANC?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect Sesh ANC to a computer?
- Yes, as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use Sesh ANC with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
- PS4: No
Which version of Bluetooth does Sesh ANC use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.2
When on a call or listening to my content, will I hear audio in one or both earbuds?
- Sesh ANC has stereo (both bud) calling and streaming so you’ll always hear the caller or your content in both ears.
- Although, you do have the option to use only one ear bud (left or right side) if you prefer Solo Mode in some situations.
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my Sesh ANC?
- When paired to your device, you can press either earbud three (3x) times to activate your device’s native assistant, and follow this with any request necessary.
Can I use Sesh ANC for sports or working out?
- Absolutely! Sesh ANC is sweat, water, and dust resistant (IP55) and is great during exercise.
Please be sure to reach out to customer service before filing a claim, we can likely help you quickly trouble shoot and solve your problem***
What happens if my earbuds break or are lost?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1 Year Limited Warranty.