To view the user guide included in the Push™ Ultra packaging, click here.
IDENTIFYING YOUR PRODUCT
Before you get started troubleshooting, let's make sure you are reading the correct support page. To identify your True Wireless product, the product name will be printed either inside the charging case on the underside of the lid or on the back body of the charging case.
Issue: The biggest challenge with true wireless earbuds is ensuring your buds are properly connected to each other and your device. There are times when you may unintentionally disconnect the buds and change their paired state, this can create pairing challenges and impact your ability to use either bud solo (Solo Mode). Do not worry, as there is an easy fix!
- To ensure ease of re-pairing, please unpair or forget your PUSH™ ULTRA in your paired Bluetooth device list
- Remove the PUSH™ ULTRA from the charging case and Manually Power OFF:
- Touch and hold the Power/MFB button on BOTH buds for 6 seconds
- Once both buds have been powered OFF, reset them:
- Touch and hold the Power/MFB button on both buds for 10 seconds to completely reset them (this will power cycle them on and off again).
- Sync the buds together:
- Place the buds back in the case until both LED’s show red, and then pull them back out.
- Both buds will automatically power ON and the LED’s will simultaneously flash BLUE while they sync to each other.
- You will hear a tone to indicate the sync was successful and ONLY the LEFT bud will begin to flash RED/BLUE.
- At this time, turn on your device’s Bluetooth and look for PUSH™ ULTRA in your list of Available Bluetooth devices. Please make sure it only appears once, and select it.
- IMPORTANT – Select all “Pair” and “Ok” prompts that will pop up on your screen.
- Once successfully paired, a voice prompt will notify you are now “Connected” and you will see PUSH™ ULTRA twice in your “Paired devices” list.
USE EITHER BUD SOLO
Issue: If you’re a user that would like to use the PUSH™ ULTRA with only one ear bud (Solo Mode), you’re in luck! The updated technology in PUSH™ ULTRA allows the user to use either the left OR the right bud in Solo Mode. Once paired correctly, you will be able to switch between buds at your discretion. Although, if you’re having any challenges using either bud solo, you may follow these simple steps to ensure ease of use when pairing and switching between Solo and Stereo Modes.
- Please note – BOTH the LEFT and RIGHT bud for PUSH™ ULTRA can be used in Solo Mode, this is because the new tech allows you to Use Either Bud Solo.
- For the optimal Solo Mode functionality, first Power On and pair your buds to your device normally or as described in our trouble shooting section. This will ensure the seamless transition between Stereo and Solo modes.
- Once both PUSH™ ULTRA buds are paired together, simply place the RIGHT or LEFT bud back into the case; whichever you prefer! The remaining bud will stay paired and function with both phone calls and music.
- The will maintain ALL media control functionality, but remember you will lose some of the media control functionality such as “Volume + or -“, and “Track << or >>”, depending on which bud was placed in the case when in Solo Mode. The RIGHT bud will always control Volume Up and Track forward, and the LEFT bud will always control Track Back.
- If you would like to change back to Stereo Mode from Solo Mode, simply pull the other bud from the case at any time and you will hear a tone, or the music will seamlessly begin to stream to indicate that you have automatically entered back into Stereo Mode.
- Please Note - If you’re having any trouble switching between the LEFT and RIGHT buds in Solo Mode, you will need to follow the reset instructions explained above and clear BOTH earbuds and re-pair to enter back into the correct paired state to use either bud solo.
BUDS NOT CHARGING IN CASE/CASE LID NOT CLOSING PROPERLY?
Issue: Not seeing the RED LED indicator on the bud when you’ve placed your PUSH™ ULTRA back into their charging case?
- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins at the bottom of the case, or on the bud.
- Check to see if the customizable fit hangers have been molded out of shape and are keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case.
- You must ensure the buds are fit snuggly back into the case, and the LED’s on the ear buds have turned RED to indicate that they are now charging.
- You may need to give the hangers a little tug to fit them correctly back into the case if they have been molded out of shape.
- This could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case. If you’re having a hard time closing the lid completely, it is likely because the earbuds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
- Check the battery level indicator button on the charging case to ensure the case is holding a charge.
- When charging the device, we recommend using a cable, charger, or outlet with a power output that does not exceed 18-Watt (5 Volts/3.6amps).
If you’ve checked everything above and are still experiencing issues and/or if the indicator light remains dark and does not come on at all, please visit our warranty page where you can file a claim to receive a replacement product. All Skullcandy products have a 1-year warranty.
Here are more detailed activation instructions:
- Download and open the Tile app on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap the + on the top left corner of your screen
- On the Add a Device page, choose Skullcandy and select the Tile enabled headphones
- Press the button on your Tile device and listen for the tune
- Hold the Tile close to your device until they connect, it should take about ten seconds
- That is all! Your Skullcandy headphones are now activated with Tile!
LOCATING YOUR DEVICE WITH TILE
- When searching for misplaced headphones, use the Tile app to audibly locate them. In the Tile app, tap “find” and listen for your headphones playing the Tile tune.
- Detailed instructions on how to ring your headphones:
- Ring your Tile from the Tile app when it is within Bluetooth range
- Open up the Tile app to find your list of Tiles.
- Tap the headphones you want to ring.
- Tap the green “Find” button
- Listen for the Tile tune!
- After you’ve found your Tile, tap the blue “Done” button or press once firmly on the Tile button to make your Tile stop ringing.
BATTERY & CHARGE
What is the total charging time for PUSH™ ULTRA?
- 1 hour for the earbuds to charge to 100% inside the case
- 2 hours for the case to charge to 100%
Does PUSH™ ULTRA have some sort of fast charge?
- YES! – PUSH™ ULTRA has Rapid Charge technology featuring a USB-C charging port and cable.
- When fully charged, there will be up to 6 hours of playtime in the buds and 34 hours in the charging case, reaching up to 40 Total hours of playtime.
- To charge your earbuds, place them into the charging case.
- Earbud LED will be RED while charging, LED will turn off when fully charged
- 10 Minutes of charge for the earbuds will provide 2+ hours of playtime
- When the earbud battery gets very low (less than 30 minutes of remaining playtime), you will hear a “Battery Low” voice prompt, and the LED will begin to flash RED every 5 seconds.
- CHARGING CASE:
- Plug in the provided USB-C cable into a power source, computer, wall charger, power bank etc.
- Via USB-C charging cable, 10 minutes of charge in the charging case will provide 4 hours of playtime.
- The charging case LED will flash GREEN when charging, and will remain constant GREEN when fully charged.
- To check the charging case battery life, you can press the button on the charging tray 1x. The case LED will indicate the level of charge:
- Green LED flashes 3 times – High charge (70%+)
- Green LED flashes 2 times – Medium charge (35-70%)
- Green LED flashes 1 time – Low charge (below 35%)
Battery life and play time is very important to me, how long does the PUSH™ ULTRA last?
- There is up to 6+ hours of play time in the ear buds, and up to 34+ hours in the case, allowing up to 40+ Hours of total play time.
Can I charge PUSH™ ULTRA with my Skullcandy Power Accessories/PC/Laptop/?
- Pretty much all USB-A to USB-C charging cables will work to charge your PUSH™ ULTRA earbuds
Is the PUSH™ ULTRA sweat and waterproof?
- Yes! The PUSH™ ULTRA buds are IP67-rated. This means they are water, dust, and sweatproof.
- IMPORTANT – Please note that ONLY the buds are IP67-rated. The charging case is durable but is NOT waterproof. Please be sure to dry off your earbuds before replacing them in the charging case.
Why does my ear hanger not fit my ear very well?
- Your ear hanger is fully moldable to fit your ear, so you may need to customize the fit by bending it around your ear.
- Place the bud in your ear, and using two hands, hold the bud stable in your ear where it fits comfortably, and then using the other hand wrap it snuggly around your ear. This should create a stable and comfortable fit.
is the benefit of the Use Either Bud Solo feature and functionality?
- This allows both the LEFT and RIGHT bud to work alone, which allows more media controls and features to be activated from either side, and the microphone to work on either side. ALL media controls (play/pause, answer call/hang-up call, volume + or -, track forward and track backward, Activate Assistant, and switching between EQ modes) can be controlled on both the LEFT and RIGHT bud, simplifying the user experience with a 3 button configuration on each side.
- This feature also allows you to use either the LEFT or RIGHT bud in Solo Mode, and does not limit media controls when using just one specific side.
Does the PUSH™ ULTRA have Wireless Charging in the case?
- Yes, simply lay your charging case on a wireless charging pad and the LED indicator in the case and on the wireless charging pad will confirm it is charging.
How do you change between EQ settings, and what’s the difference?
- While paired, you simply touch the LEFT or RIGHT bud 2x and hold for 2 seconds, you will then hear a voice prompt notifying you each time it changes to a new preset EQ. You will cycle through the EQ modes each time you complete the touch 2x and hold for 2 seconds action. The 3 modes are Music Mode, Podcast Mode, and Movie Mode.
- Your default EQ setting is “Music Mode”, great for general listening.
- Podcast mode removes most of the bass response and is great for podcasts or narrated books.
- Movie mode is great for most media, increasing the loudness and bass just a bit to enhance your favorite action packed shows and movies.
Is there an Ambient Mode with PUSH™ ULTRA?
- There is no Ambient Mode, although the Ambient Aware ear gel was designed to allow you to always maintain ambient awareness of your surroundings.
What is the TILE® tracking feature and how does it work?
- The TILE® tracking feature will allow you to locate your earbuds if you’ve misplaced them or they have been taken.
- You will need to download the TILE APP for this feature to function with your device, and it is very easy to set up!
Simply follow the steps for TILE® to find your device, and with a single tap on each bud you will have them connected and ready to track anytime necessary.
Does the PUSH™ ULTRA pair with SKULLCANDY APP?
- Yes! The PUSH™ ULTRA will pair with the SKULLCANDY APP.
- You can utilize the APP to assist in pairing, and toggling between EQ Modes.
What is the Bluetooth range of the PUSH™ ULTRA?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect PUSH™ ULTRA to a computer?
- Yes as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use PUSH™ ULTRA with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
- PS4: No
Which version of Bluetooth does PUSH™ ULTRA use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.0
Which side of PUSH™ ULTRA is considered the “Main” bud?
- The LEFT and RIGHT side earbud can be your main earbud, so either bud can be used in Solo Mode (one earbud listening).
When on a call or listening to my content, will I hear audio in one or both earbuds?
- PUSH™ ULTRA has stereo (both bud) calling and streaming so you’ll always hear the caller or your content in both ears.
- Although, you do have the option to use only one ear bud (left or right side) if you prefer Solo Mode in some situations.
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my PUSH™ ULTRA?
- When paired to your device, you can press the LEFT or RIGHT bud 3x to activate your voice assistant feature at any time.
Can I use PUSH™ ULTRA for sports or working out?
- Yes! PUSH™ ULTRA is made to be one of the most stable and durable true wireless active earbuds. They are sweat, water, and dustproof (IP67)
- The moldable and fully customizable hangers create the most stable active bud solution possible.
- The Ambient Aware acoustic nozzle design allows you to hear your surroundings at all times.
PLEASE BE SURE TO REACH OUT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE FILING A CLAIM, WE CAN LIKELY HELP YOU QUICKLY TROUBLESHOOT AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM
What happens if my earbuds break?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1-Year Limited Warranty.
Where do I register my PUSH™ ULTRA Earbuds?
- Please register your product using the Skullcandy App