The Skull-iQ® App supports the following Skullcandy products:
Crusher ANC 2
- Rail ANC
If your app-enabled Skullcandy product is not listed above, please use this guide to see if your prodcut has app support, Download Your App.
What devices can access the Skull-iQ App?
- The Skull-iQ App runs on mobile devices - iOS and Android operating systems alike. At this time laptops and tablets are not supported, though we are exploring expanding our device coverage.
- The Skull-iQ App supports devices running the following operating systems
- Android 9
- Android 10
- Android 11
- Android 12
- Android 13
- iOS 13
- iOS 14
- iOS 15
- iOS 16
- iOS 17
Connect to the Skull-iQ App
- Connect your product to your mobile device in Bluetooth settings
- Open the Skull-iQ app and allow the required permissions
- Your product should appear as a headphone to connect with, click "Connect"
Connecting Android Phones:
If you know you have a Skull-iQ app-compatible product and you are having trouble connecting to the Skull-iQ app, follow these steps:
- Make sure the product is on and is Bluetooth paired with your phone. Check your product user guide for pairing instructions, available for all Skullcandy audio products here (https://info.skullcandy.com/Support?Dest=hc%2Fen-us%2Fcategories%2F360000831554-Product-Help-)
- In the app, make sure you have enabled Bluetooth and Location permissions enabled for the Skull-iQ app. If you have declined Location permissions, for example, you may have to go into the app settings and re-enable.
- With location permissions enabled, Bluetooth turned on, and your product connected to your phone, you should be able to connect to the Skull-iQ app.
Android requires any app that uses Bluetooth also be granted Location access. The Skull-iQ app uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect to your headphones. The use of BLE requires location access to discover Bluetooth devices. If you don’t allow the Skull-iQ app Location access, the Skull-iQ app won’t be able to find and connect to your product. The Skull-iQ app does not track your location or store your data. Please be sure to grant Location permissions to enjoy the app experience!
How to enter into Pairing Mode, per product:
For Push Active, Grind and Grind Fuel: On the right earbud, press one time then press and hold for one second to make your headphones are discoverable.
For Crusher ANC 2: On the left earcap power button, or the right earcap Middle function button, press one time then press and hold for one second to make your headphones discoverable in Pairing Mode.
For Rail: The easiest way to get into pairing mode is to power cycle the buds; Place both earbuds into the charging case and close the lid, this automatically turns the earbds off. Wait a few seconds and open the lid and take the earbuds out of the case, the earbuds will automatically turn ON and go into pairing mode.
If you are still having trouble connecting to the Skull-iQ App:
- Power off, then back on your earbuds/headphones and force close the app. Re-open the Skull-iQ app and re-connect your earbuds/headphones to your mobile phone via Bluetooth connection. Open the Skull-iQ app and click "Connect".
- Double check that you are NOT connected or product linked to the other, "Skullcandy App". You can delete the Skullcandy App from your phone.
I noticed Skullcandy has two mobile applications, what is the Skull-iQ app for?
The Skull-iQ App is exclusively for Skullcandy products featuring Smart Feature Technology®. Download the app to experience everything that Skull-iQ offers, including the ability to download new features when they become available. The Skull-iQ App gives users complete control over features such as:
- Hands-Free Voice Control – Turn on hands-free voice functionality to control features like Stay-Aware mode, Spotify®, media controls and more.
- Voice Assistants – Do more with your voice by enabling Alexa, or say "Hey iHeart", for fast and direct access to your favorite artists and radio, free and without Amazon or iHeartRadio apps installed. More Voice Assistants coming soon.
- Personalized sound by Mimi®– Take a hearing test and tune your audio device to your unique hearing.
- Customized Button Settings – Change the way you interact with your device based on the features you use most.
The Skullcandy App supports a series of Skullcandy product families which have different features and functionality than Smart Feature Technology. Learn more here.
As of May 16, 2023, the latest app version is 2.0.0 for iOS and 2.0.1 for Android devices. Please be sure you are on the lastest version available as we continually publish improvements and updates to this app.
There are a few known issues we are working to overcome in the Skull-iQ App. Find tips below.
Firmware Updates: When you first use the Skull-iQ app, if you are not running the latest available product firmware Skullcandy has released, you will be guided through a firmware update that will take not more than five minutes.
- Android Skull-iQ App users: If it seems like the Firmware Update process it taking longer than five minutes, it may have encounted a problem. Please cancel the firmware update process and once you see the Firmware Update screens again, re-start the process and it should complete successfully the second time through.
Personal Sound: Allows optimized audio in real time to overcome masking, making it easier to hear every detail at lower, safer volume levels, and tuned to your unique hearing.
- In some cases, it may appear that you have a personalized sound profile already set up. Click through 'Edit your profile' in order to take the hearing test, play with personal sound profile refinement options, or re-test your hearing.