NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA EXCEPT RHODE ISLAND, NEW YORK, ALASKA, HAWAII AND FLORIDA, 21 OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or with the Association of Surfing Professionals LLC dba World Surf League.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The Survey Giveaway (the "Promotion") is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry except residents of Rhode Island, New York, Alaska, Hawaii or Florida. Employees of Skullcandy, Inc. and it’s wholly owned subsidiaries (the “Sponsor”) and its advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3) HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION In order to be eligible for this Promotion, entrant must complete all questions in the linked survey with an included valid email address. Unfinished surveys will not count toward entry for the Promotion. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
4) WINNER VERIFICATION: Sponsor will select one potential winner from the eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.. The decision is final and binding on all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified via email and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, tax form and, where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Eligibility Documents”) within five calendar days of date of issuance. If potential winners cannot be reached within five calendar days from the first notification attempt, or in the event of noncompliance within the above stated Eligibility Documents time period, with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate prize winner may be selected.
5) PRIZES: One winner will be chosen. Winner will receive a gift card to Jack’s Surfboard Shop to the amount of five hundred dollars ($500).
6) TAXES AND EXPENSES: Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and all other fees and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being awarded.
7) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: In addition, by participating each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accept these Official Rules and the terms and guidelines at Qualtrics. Full terms and conditions can be found at https://www.qualtrics.com/terms-of-service/.
8) CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the Sponsor’s decision. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Sponsor and are final. Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
9) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Entrants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Qualtrics and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any claims, actions, injury, liability, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Promotion or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from any allegation that any materials that entrant posts or submits to Releasees infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of, or defame, any third party. Releasees are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion; (iv) late, lost, stolen, undelivered, misdirected, delayed, inaccurate, garbled or incomplete entries, or for any electronic, computer, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Promotion-related materials (including these Official Rules); or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware, or software, which injury or damage may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion (or any portion thereof) if bugs, virus, fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or proper play of the Promotion (or portion thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Releasees shall also not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control.
10) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering a Promotion, and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs or expenses; and (c) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Utah, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Utah or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Utah.
11) RULES/WINNERS NAME: For the name of the winners, available after April 20th, 2023, or for an additional copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Qualtrics Survey, 6301 N. Landmark Dr., Park City, Utah, 84098. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Name of Winner”. Requests must be received by April 21st, 2023. Vermont residents may omit return postage for “Rules” requests. You may also view these Official Rules at www.skullcandy.com.
12) SPONSOR: Skullcandy, Inc., a Delaware corporation, 6301 N. Landmark Dr., Park City, Utah, 84098.