DIME 3 USER GUIDE, TROUBLESHOOTING, FAQs
INITIAL SET-UP & PAIRING HELP:
Quick Start Guide: (Easiest first time pairing)
- To pair to your device for the first time, remove the stickers covering the charging points on both earbuds, place them into the charging case, make sure both LEDs show red.
- Remove both earbuds from the case and a tone will indicate your earbuds have powered ON, a voice prompt will notify you of the earbud battery life, and a voice prompt will then say “Ready to pair” as the earbud LEDs will begin to pulse red/blue.
- Both earbuds are now in Pairing Mode. Turn on your device’s Bluetooth and look for “Dime 3” in your list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Select “Dime 3” and accept the “Pair” or “OK” prompt that appears on your screen. When pairing is complete, a voice prompt will say “Connected.”
This feature makes it possible to pair your earbuds with two devices at once. The connection is managed automatically — you won’t need to do anything after pairing the second device.
For example — while watching YouTube videos on your laptop, you can take a call on your phone without the hassle of disconnecting from one device to pair with another.
To utilize Multipoint Pairing and pair to a 2nd device when you’re already powered on and connected to a device, press and hold the button on either earbud for 3 seconds. This will again enter both earbuds into Pairing Mode.
- The voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair”, both earbuds LEDs will pulse red/blue, and you can select “Dime 3” from the new available Bluetooth device list. Accept the prompt that will appear on your screen.
- Once paired to the 2nd device, you will be able to seamlessly stream from either device as needed.
Now that you’ve paired to multiple devices, each time you power on your earbuds they will automatically pair to the 2 most recently paired devices.
Want to add a new device via Multipoint Pairing? (While already connected and paired to two devices)
- Simply enter into Pairing Mode while connected to the current two devices, and pair normally to the new device.
- Once connected to the newly added device, the device that was first paired to your earbuds will be disconnected and you will be synced to the two most recently paired devices via Multipoint.
- Important to note that after powering your earbuds off and back on, the two most recently paired devices will always become the default Multipoint duo.
Streaming Audio with Multipoint:
- With your Dime 3 earbuds, you’re able to play audio from either paired device at any time, but they will not play simultaneously.
- For example, if you press play on one device while the other is streaming audio, the streaming device will automatically pause and the new device will begin to stream. No need to pause one before starting the other, the connection is managed automatically.
Streaming Audio + Phone Calls + Prompt Tones and Voice Assistant with Multipoint:
- With your Dime 3 earbuds, if you’re streaming audio from one device and get a phone/Zoom call on the other, the streaming audio will automatically pause and the call device will take priority.
- Once the call has ended, the audio will then resume on the previously streaming device.
- Similarly, if there is an important notification prompt tone from the device that is not currently streaming, the audio will pause briefly to notify the user, and then streaming will resume normally.
- What happens if I’m currently on an active call and the second device gets an incoming call? The user will always need to end the first active call before the second can be answered.
- You will not be able to have two active calls going at the same time.
- If there are no active calls (and not streaming audio) on either device, the first call incoming or outgoing on either device will take priority.
- With your Dime 3 earbuds, the native voice assistant on either device cannot be activated during any sequence of active or outgoing calls, but CAN be activated from either device, even if one is streaming audio.
Dime 3 media controls are ready to keep you connected and in control of your Bluetooth enabled device.
We’ve designed these earbuds with a tact switch that makes it easier to control your media without false triggers, and we’ve also incorporated a simple feedback tone feature that allows the user to hear each time they have pressed the button (located on the Skullcandy Logo). When pressing more than one time in sequence, you will hear ascending tones to give you better control of your media, but don’t worry, they are very subtle and do not disrupt your listening! Easy to hear even while playing music, it will help you quickly learn your way around the controls on your device.
Auto Power On & Power Off:
- Remove your earbuds from the case and you will hear the power on “ping” tone and the LEDs will turn blue for 2 seconds. This will indicate they have automatically powered on.
- When your earbuds are placed correctly into the charge case, they will always power off as long as the case battery is charged. The earbud LEDs will show solid RED to indicate they are powered off and charging, and will remain RED until fully charged. Once charged the earbud LEDs will turn off.
- PRO TIP: If your earbuds are not automatically powering OFF or charging when placed into the case, or powering ON when removed from the case, please ensure that the case battery isn’t completely drained. If the case battery is dead the earbuds will not register that they have been placed into the case, and your earbuds will not automatically power off and begin to charge. Give that case a charge and you should be good to go.
Manually Power On: Either earbud
- Press and hold the button on either/both earbuds for 1 second (1s hold)
Manually Power Off: Either earbud
- Press the button on either/both earbuds twice, and then press for one second (2x press, then 1s hold)
Play/Pause: Either earbud
- To play or pause your audio, press the button on either earbud once (1x press)
Answer/Hang Up Call: Either earbud
- To take or end a call, press the button on either earbud once (1x press)
Reject incoming Call: Either earbud
- To reject an incoming call, press the button on either earbud for one second (1s hold)
Volume Up: Either earbud
- To turn up the volume, press the button on either earbud twice (2x press)
Volume Down: Either earbud
- To turn down the volume, press the button on either earbud three times (3x press)
Stay-Aware Mode: Either earbud
- To turn Stay-Aware Mode on/off, press the button on either earbud once, and then press and hold one second (1x press, then 1s hold)
Activate Assistant: Either earbud
- To activate your device’s local assistant, press the button on either earbud for one second (1s hold)
EQ Mode Toggle: Either earbud
- To toggle between EQ Modes, press the button on either earbud four times (4x press)
Bluetooth Pairing: Either earbud
- To enter into pairing mode on your device, press and hold the button on either earbud for three seconds (3s hold)
PRESET EQ Modes:
To help you get the best sound quality from your content, Dime 3 features three preset EQ modes:
- Music Mode
- Bass Boost Mode
- Podcast Mode
To switch between EQ modes, press the button on either earbud 4 times. A voice prompt will notify you each time your EQ mode changes.
Your default EQ setting is “Music Mode”, which is great for general listening.
Bass Boost Mode increases the low frequencies for a bass-heavy audio experience.
Podcast Mode removes most of the bass response and is great for podcasts or audio books.
When fully charged, there will be up to 8+ hours of play time in the earbuds and you will get 12+ hours in the charging case, reaching up to 20+ total hours of play time.
- To charge your earbuds, place them in the charging case and the LEDs will turn solid red for 5 seconds to indicate they are now charging. You can close the case lid at any time.
- When placing your earbuds back into the case, if their LEDs show BLUE for 5 seconds, this lets you know that your earbuds still have a full charge.
- 10 minutes of charging will provide 2+ hours of play time.
- You will hear the “Battery Low” voice prompt with about 40 minutes of play time remain, and again every 10 minutes until the battery will automatically power off once depleted.
- Once you hear this “Battery Low” voice prompt, the LEDs on both earbuds will also show RED for 4 seconds every 10 minutes to provide a low battery visual indicator as well.
- Important to note, if your earbuds are not automatically powering OFF and charging when placed into the case, or automatically powering ON when removed from the case, please ensure that the case battery isn’t completely drained. If the case battery is dead the earbuds will not register that they have been placed into or removed from the case. Give that case a charge and you should be good to go.
- The Dime 3 case can be independently charged whether the earbuds are in it or not.
- Plug in the USB-C Rapid Charge cable and connect to a computer, wall charger, power bank or 12-volt adapter in a car.
- A 10-minute charge of the charging case via your USB-C cable will provide 2+ hours of battery play time.
- To check the charge case battery life, plug in the charge cable. The single LED located next to the USB-C charging port will turn on to indicate the current case battery level.
- Solid Red = 0%-25%
- Solid Yellow = 26%-75%
- Solid Green = 76%-100%
BUDS OR CASE NOT CHARGING PROPERLY?
Issue: Not seeing the red LED indicator on the buds when you’ve placed your Dime 3 back into the charging case, or the charge case LED turning on when your USB-C cable is plugged in?
- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins at the bottom of the case, on the earbud, or in the USB-C plug or port.
- Check to see if the removable in-ear gels have been twisted or are falling off. This could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case. If you’re having a hard time closing the lid completely, it is likely because the earbuds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
- Make sure the charging cable is properly inserted into a suitable power source.
- Check the battery level LED on the charging case to ensure the case is holding a charge.
- IMPORTANT – If your earbuds are not automatically powering OFF or charging when placed into the case, please ensure that the case battery isn’t completely drained. If the case battery is completely dead, the earbuds will not recognize they are in the case and will not automatically power off and begin to charge, and they will not power ON when removed from the case.
Stay-Aware Mode makes it easier to hear what’s going on around you without having to remove an earbud, so you can enjoy your audio and stay in touch with your surroundings.
This is especially nice at the airport when you want to hear announcements, or at the gym when you want to keep track of what’s going on around you.
Simply press the button on either earbud 1 time, and then press and hold the button for 1 second to toggle between Stay-Aware Mode ON or OFF.
CLEAR VOICE SMART MIC:
Dime 3 is equipped with Clear Voice Smart Mic which utilizes an advance microphone and artificial intelligence software to isolate the speaker’s voice and reduce background noise. This is especially effective at eliminating discontinuous noise — the kind of background chatter you’d find in a crowded coffee shop or airport.
This means that whoever you’re speaking with, whether you’re on the move or sitting at your computer, will be able to clearly hear your voice in nearly any situation.
ACTIVATE YOUR VOICE ASSISTANT:
Who do you ask for help? Siri? Bixby? Google Assistant? Unlike proprietary earbuds, Skullcandy earbuds work with any assistant.
Simply press and hold the button on either earbud for 1 second to activate your device’s local assistant.
FIND YOUR LOST EARBUDS WITH THE TILE™ APP:
To make sure you never lose your earbuds, we’ve built Tile technology into each Dime 3 earbud.
The Tile® Finding Technology is really easy to set up and will allow you to locate either one of your earbuds if you’ve misplaced them or if they’re ever taken.
When searching for missing earbuds, you can also use the Tile™ app to sound a tone from your earbuds to help you locate them. You can sound a tone from one earbud or both.
First, you’ll need to download the Tile™ app for this feature to work. Once you’ve downloaded the Tile app follow the on-screen instructions to connect each earbud individually so they are both trackable.
Sometimes you want to be able to hear your music, but still hear what’s going on around you. When you want to do that, you can use just one earbud.
We call this Solo Mode. Both the left and right earbud of Dime 3 can be used in solo mode.
To use Solo Mode when you’ve previously paired your earbuds to your device, simply remove either earbud from the charge case and it will function with both phone calls and music.
If you are pairing to a device for the first time with only one earbud, simply follow the same initial pairing steps above and you’ll be good to go.
Dime 3 will fit comfortably and securely in your ear. Here’s how to get the best fit.
First, place the bud in your ear at an angle, then rotate minimally to the front or back to secure in place. Your earbud should feel comfortable and stable.
For optimal acoustic performance, you also want to be sure your ear gel creates a nice seal just inside your ear canal.
Dime 3 comes with 3 sizes of ear gels to help you find the best fit. Try each size provided to see which fit works best for you.
Having Trouble? Don’t return to the store and let us help!
No Audio in one ear?
Let’s re-sync your earbuds by first placing both of them into the charge case and ensuring the LEDs both turn red. Then simply remove both earbuds together, if the stereo audio stream hasn’t been fixed, please follow the instructions below.
- On your device, open the Bluetooth settings and turn Bluetooth OFF.
- Remove both earbuds from the charge case and ensure they are both powered ON.
- Press the button on both earbuds four (4) times simultaneously. The earbud LED will slowly flash red/blue as they re-sync, followed by four (4) quick blue flashes that will indicate a successful true wireless sync between your earbuds.
- On your device, open the Bluetooth setting again and turn ON, then select your previously paired “Dime 3”.
- LEDs in both earbuds will blink blue one time and a “Connected” voice prompt will indicate a successful pairing to your device.
If this step fails, or you are having pairing issues, please proceed to Step Two and reset your earbuds to get them streaming correctly.
PAIRING ISSUES? Reset your earbuds by clearing the device paired list with the following steps.
- Remove the Dime 3 from your Bluetooth Paired Device list settings, and then turn the Bluetooth OFF.
- Remove BOTH earbuds from the case, a tone and will indicate your earbuds are powered ON.
- Press and hold the button on BOTH the right and left earbud for six (6) seconds until you hear two (2) tones.
- Both earbuds’ LEDs will flash PURPLE five (5) times, a tone will indicate a successful reset, and a voice prompt will say “Ready to Pair” as your earbud LEDs flash red/blue and enter back into Pairing Mode.
- On your device open your Bluetooth setting and turn Bluetooth ON. In the available devices select “Dime 3” and accept the “Pair” or “OK” prompt that appear on your screen. When pairing is complete, a voice prompt will say “connected.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QESTIONS
Playtime / BATTERY life & CHARGing:
Battery life and play time is very important to me, how long does the Dime 3 last?
- There is up to 8 hours of play time in the earbuds, and up to 12 hours in the case, allowing 20 hours of total play time.
- Earbuds = 8+ Hours
- Case = 12+ hours
- Total = 20+ Hours
What is the total charging time for Dime 3 via USB-C charging cable?
- 1 hour charging the case to 100% via USB-C cable.
- 1 hour of charging your earbuds in the case to reach 100% capacity.
Does Dime 3 have fast or rapid charge?
- YES! – Dime 3 has Rapid Charge technology via the provided USB-C cable and internally for the earbuds.
- 10 minutes of the earbuds charging in case = 2+ Hours Playtime
- 10 minutes of the case charging via USB-C = 2+ Hours Playtime
Can I charge Dime 3 with my Skullcandy Power Accessories/PC/Laptop?
- Yes. Pretty much all USB-A to USB-C charging cables will work to charge your Dime 3 charge case.
How do you change between EQ settings, and what’s the difference?
- When you’re paired to your Dime 3, you can toggle between the EQ Modes by pressing the button on either earbud four (4) times. A voice prompt will notify you of the EQ Mode as you toggle through your options of Music Mode (default), Bass Boost, and Podcast Mode.
When is the best time to use Stay-Aware Mode, and how do I turn it on and off?
- Stay-Aware Mode will allow you to amplify your surroundings so that you’re able to still maintain some situational awareness when wearing your earbuds.
- You must be in Stereo Mode (streaming using both earbuds) to activate.
- You may prefer Stay-Aware Mode for exercising or when you’re in a busy environment. Allowing some ambient noise around you can increase safety or will simply enhance the voices around you without having to remove your earbuds.
- You can also turn Stay-Aware Mode On/Off by pressing the button on either earbud one (1) time, and then press and hold the button for one (1) second.
How does the Clear Voice Smart Mic feature help my call quality through AI Noise Reduction Algorithms?
- This feature will ensure to limit all surrounding noise so that when you’re on a call, the person on the other end will hear you loud and clear!
Does the Dime 3 pair with the Skullcandy App or the Skull-iQ App?
- No, the Dime 3 will not pair with the Skullcandy App or Skull-iQ App.
What is the Bluetooth range of the Dime 3?
- You will be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10+ meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect Dime 3 to a computer?
- Yes, as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop, and other devices with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use Dime 3 with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
- PS4/5: No (but they will if you have a separate BT transmitter dongle)
Which version of Bluetooth does Dime 3 use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.3
When on a call or listening to my content, should I hear audio in one or both earbuds?
- Dime 3 has stereo (both buds) calling and streaming so you’ll always hear the caller or your content in both ears.
- Although, you do have the option to use only one earbud (left or right side) if you prefer Solo Mode in some situations.
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my Dime 3?
- Yes. When paired to your device, you can activate your local voice assistant feature at any time by holding the button on either earbud for one (1) second.
Is Dime 3 ok to use while working out?
- Absolutely! The fit of Dime 3 is very stable, and they are sweat and water resistant (IPX4). We just want you to be sure that you dry them off before putting them back into the charge case.
Please be sure to reach out to customer service before filing a claim, we can likely help you quickly troubleshoot and solve your problem
What happens if my earbuds break or are lost?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 1 Year Limited Warranty.