To view the user guide included in the Venue packaging, click here.
CREATE YOUR OWN SPACE.
Whether you’re commuting on the subway, tuning out a roommate’s TV, or escaping the distractions of an open office, Venue helps you create your own quiet space. The active noise canceling function filters out unwanted noise so all you hear is your music.
USER GUIDE VIDEO
Here are more detailed activation instructions:
- Download and open the Tile app on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap the + on the top left corner of your screen
- On the Add a Device page, choose Skullcandy and select the Tile enabled headphones
- Press the button on your Tile device and listen for the tune
- Hold the Tile close to your device until they connect, it should take about ten seconds
- That is all! Your Skullcandy headphones are now activated with Tile!
LOCATING YOUR DEVICE WITH TILE
- When searching for misplaced headphones, use the Tile app to audibly locate them. In the Tile app, tap “find” and listen for your headphones playing the Tile tune.
- Detailed instructions on how to ring your headphones:
- Ring your Tile from the Tile app when it is within Bluetooth range
- Open up the Tile app to find your list of Tiles.
- Tap the headphones you want to ring.
- Tap the green “Find” button
- Listen for the Tile tune!
- After you’ve found your Tile, tap the blue “Done” button or press once firmly on the Tile button to make your Tile stop ringing.
ISSUE: You’re having trouble pairing your Venue with your device.
- Remove your Venue headphones from your device’s paired list.
- Turn off Bluetooth mode on your device.
- Press and hold the "+" and "-" buttons. This will clear the pairing history on your Venues.
- Turn your device’s Bluetooth mode back on and re-pair to your Venue headphones.
HEADPHONES WON’T CHARGE?
Issue: Not seeing the red LED light on Venue that indicates headphones are charging. Or, not seeing blue LED light on Venue that indicates headphones are finished charging, despite charging for 2+ hours.
- Wait momentarily after plugging the headphones in, occasionally it takes a few seconds to begin charging.
- Check to see if any debris is inside or otherwise blocking the charging port on the side of the headphones.
- Be sure to charge your headphones on a flat surface to ensure the USB connector on the charging cord is flush and securely inserted into the charging port.
- When charging the device, we recommend using a cable, charger, or outlet with a power output that does not exceed 18-Watt (5 Volts/3.6amps).
If you’ve checked everything above and are still experiencing issues and/or if the indicator light remains dark and does not come on at all, please visit our warranty page where you can file a claim to receive a replacement product. All Skullcandy products have a 1-year warranty.
BATTERY & CHARGE
How long will the battery stay charged?
- Venue has up to 24 hours of battery life with both the ANC and BT activated. If you want to conserve battery life, plug in for a wired ANC experience, which should last up to 40 hours. If you don’t ever use your headphones, they should stay charged for roughly 3 years! But we recommend you use them...! If Tile has been activated, the battery will run out a little quicker, roughly 3 to 4 months with no use.
Will Venue work if the battery is dead?
- If your battery is dead, plug in your provided 3.5mm AUX cord and you can have a regular audio experience (without Bluetooth or ANC)
Does my battery last longer with ANC off?
- Yes. It will also last longer if you use the product in wired mode. It will also last longer at lower volume levels.
How can I see how much battery life I have left?
- Use the fuel gauge! Press the power button (even if the product is off) and you will see your battery level on the 4 LEDs. 100% = 4 white lights, 75% = 3 white lights, 50% = 2 white lights, 25% = 1 white light, <5% = 1 red light.
What is the total charging time for Venue?
- Venue offers our Rapid Charge technology which means that with just 10 minutes of charging, you will get 5 hours of play time. But Rapid Charge does not affect the total time required to fully charge the headphone, which is approximately 2.5 hours total.
Can I charge the Venue with my PC/Laptop?
- Yes. Any USB output will work, however for the best performance we recommend you use a 5W (5V, 1A) USB output or higher.
Can I pair the Venue with multiple devices at once?
- Yes. You can pair up to 2 devices at the same time, but only one device can stream at a time.
What is the Bluetooth range of the Venue?
- Venue has one of the best Bluetooth ranges of any of our products. You should be able to listen up to 30m away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect Venue to a computer?
- Sure, or a phone, tablet, MP3 player, or anything else with either BT or a 3.5mm jack.
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my Venue?
- Yes. Your native phone or device assistant will wake if you press the main function button twice.
I work in very loud places. Will these work anyway?
- The inherent passive isolation with our over-ear design works wonders for noisy environments and the addition of our custom-tuned Hybrid ANC system takes it to a whole new level. However, ANC headphones should not be a substitute for proper hearing protection in certain environments.
When on a call, do I need a mic on a cord or is there a mic on the earcups?
- The mic on the earcups will function in both BT mode and wired mode, so you are covered no matter how you are connected. However for best phone call performance, please use BT mode as we have added lots of cool digital signal processing to make that experience even better than ever!
Can I use these for sports or working out?
- Sure, but we don’t recommend it because Venue does not have any of the features that Skullcandy’s active-specific products have, like sweat or water resistance.
PLEASE BE SURE TO REACH OUT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE FILING A CLAIM, WE CAN LIKELY HELP YOU QUICKLY TROUBLESHOOT AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM
Does Venue have a warranty policy?
- Yep! 1 year. For more information, click here.
If I purchased a 12 Moods Limited Edition Venue headphone, does the Skullcandy warranty apply?
- Yes, you are still eligible for a 1-Year Limited Warranty, but if your headphones are a limited edition color of Venue, your warranty replacement product will be an in-line color and will not be a color-matched replacement. Due to very limited quantities produced, we sell out of the limited edition colors quickly.