The biggest challenge with truly wireless ear buds is maintaining a paired status between both independent buds. There are times when (due to the capacitive touch sensor technology) the user will accidentally clear one side without the other, this can create a pairing challenge as each side will now be in different search modes when powered on. Easy fix!
1- Turn the Bluetooth on your (mobile or computer) device OFF
2- Power on your INDY buds (they will be in a NON_CONNECTED or non-paired state due to Bluetooth being off on your device)
3- Tap the center of EACH bud 4 times (see below diagram). This will automatically power off the ear bud and reset your ear buds. You must complete this action on BOTH ear buds while in this non-connected state.
4- Next, place the buds back in the case then pull them out to have them power on and start the process of paring to one another.
5- You will hear a voice prompt that will notify you that it is now “Pairing” and one beep indicating the buds have paired together.
6- At this time, turn your device’s Bluetooth back on and re-pair it to INDY. In some cases, you will want to forget INDY on your device and scan until INDY is identified again and you can select it.
BUDS NOT CHARGING IN CASE/CASE LID NOT CLOSING PROPERLY?
Not seeing the RED led indicator on the bud when you’ve placed your INDY back in the case.
1- Check to see if any debris is blocking the charging pins at the bottom of the case, or on the bud.
2- Check to see if the removable Stability Ear Gel or in-ear gels have been twisted or falling off, this could be keeping the buds from sitting correctly in the case.
3- This same issue could also be interfering with your case lid when closing. If you’re having a hard time closing the lid correctly, this is an indicator that buds are not set correctly or the gels are interfering.
BATTERY & CHARGE
What is the total charging time for INDY?
- 1 hour for the Earbuds to charge to 100% inside the Case
- Note: This product has Rapid Charge. This means that you can charge your earbuds in the case for 10 minutes to get 1.2 hours play time
- 2 hours for the Case to charge to 100%
Can I charge INDY with my PC/Laptop?
- Yes, almost all USB outputs will work to charge.
Does INDY have some sort of fast charge?
- Yes, these earbuds have Rapid Charge technology. You will be able to charge your earbuds in the case for 10 minutes to get 1.2 hours play time.
What is the Bluetooth range of the INDY?
- You may be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10 meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect INDY to a computer?
- Yes as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use INDY with a PS4/Xbox One/Switch?
- PS4: Yes
- Xbox One: No
- Switch: Yes
Which version of Bluetooth does INDY use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.0
Which is the master earbud?
- The right side earbud is your master earbud
When on a call or listening to my content, will I hear audio in one (the right side master) or both earbuds?
- INDY has stereo calling so you’ll hear the caller or your content in both ears.
- You do have the option to use only one ear bud (right side) if you prefer a mono solution
- In addition, the INDY has dual microphones with active noise reduction for improved voice clarity during phone calls
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my INDY?
- Not currently, but we will have an update to incorporate this user feature solution in 2019.
Can I use INDY for sports or working out?
- Yes! INDY area sweat, water, and dust resistant (IP55).
PLEASE BE SURE TO REACH OUT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE FILING A CLAIM, WE CAN LIKELY HELP YOU QUICKLY TROUBLESHOOT AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM
What happens if my earbuds break or are lost?
- If it is a manufacturer's defect, Skullcandy has you covered with a 2 Year Limited Warranty.
- If one bud or the charging case is broken or goes missing, please make use of our Fearless Use™ Promise.
Where do I register my INDY Truly Wireless Earbuds?
- You can register your INDY product here for faster service in the event of loss or damage to your earbuds or the charging case.