To view the user guide included in the Method Active packaging, click here.
Issue: The wireless earbuds not maintaining a paired status.
- If you have previously paired to your device, simply turn your Method Active on and it will pair to the last known device.
- If your Method Active does not successfully pair to your device, turn the product off. From the off state, hold the power on button for 5 seconds until you see a blue LED and hear “pairing.”
- Enter your device’s Bluetooth settings and choose Method Active. The product should connect to your device.
- If that is not successful, you will need to reset your Method Active. With the product in the On state, hold the Volume + and Volume – buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds until you hear two beeps.
- Turn your Method Active off and then back on and it will go into pairing mode. Select Method Active in your Bluetooth settings.
- If your earbuds do not pair after choosing them in your Bluetooth settings, choose to forget Method Active in your device.
- Turn your Method Active off and back on. It will enter pairing mode. Choose Method Active in new devices in your Bluetooth settings.
EARBUDS NOT CHARGING?
Issue: Not seeing the LED light on Method Active that indicates earbuds are charging. Or, not seeing LED light on Method Active that indicates headphones are finished charging, despite charging for 1+ hours.
- Wait momentarily after plugging the earbuds in, occasionally it takes a few seconds to begin charging.
- Check to see if any debris is inside or otherwise blocking the charging port
- Be sure to charge your earbuds on a flat surface to ensure the USB connector on the charging cord is flush and securely inserted into the charging port.
- When charging the device, we recommend using a cable, charger, or outlet with a power output that does not exceed 18-Watt (5 Volts/3.6amps).
If you’ve checked everything above and are still experiencing issues, please visit our warranty page where you can file a claim to receive a replacement product. All Skullcandy products have a 1-year warranty.
PAIRING TO TILE
Here are more detailed activation instructions:
- Download and open the Tile app on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap the + on the top left corner of your screen
- On the Add a Device page, choose Skullcandy and select the Tile enabled headphones
- Press the button on your Tile device and listen for the tune
- Hold the Tile close to your device until they connect, it should take about ten seconds
- That is all! Your Skullcandy headphones are now activated with Tile!
LOCATING YOUR DEVICE WITH TILE
- When searching for misplaced headphones, use the Tile app to audibly locate them. In the Tile app, tap “find” and listen for your headphones playing the Tile tune.
- Detailed instructions on how to ring your headphones:
- Ring your Tile from the Tile app when it is within Bluetooth range
- Open up the Tile app to find your list of Tiles.
- Tap the headphones you want to ring.
- Tap the green “Find” button
- Listen for the Tile tune!
- After you’ve found your Tile, tap the blue “Done” button or press once firmly on the Tile button to make your Tile stop ringing.
BATTERY & CHARGE
What is the total charging time for Method Active?
- <1 Hour
- Note: This product has Rapid Charge. This means that you can charge your earbuds for 10 minutes to get 2 hours play time
Can I charge Method Active with my PC/Laptop?
- Almost all USB outputs will work to charge
Does Method Active have some sort of fast charge?
- Yes, these earbuds have Rapid Charge technology. You will be able to charge your earbuds for 10 minutes to get 2 hours play time
What is the Bluetooth range of the Method Active?
- You may be able to listen up to 30+ feet (10 meters) away from your paired device, though your connection experience may vary based on your environment.
Can I connect Method Active to a computer?
- Yes as well as to a phone, tablet, MP3 player, or anything else with a Bluetooth connection.
Which version of Bluetooth does Method Active use?
- Bluetooth® version 5.0
Can I use Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa with my Method Active?
- Yes, just double tap your on/off button.
Can I use Method Active for sports or working out?
- Yes! Method Active is sweat and waterproof (IPx7).
Does Method Active have a warranty?